Housing is one of the most fundamental elements within anyone's life, even though people do not always realise it. It is integral to our communities and is a tool for promoting social inclusion, a vehicle for regeneration, a cure for homelessness and at the heart of healthy neighbourhoods.
View copies of our newsletter ‘Key Issues ‘ and keep track of recent changes.
- Additional licensing of HMOs
- Mandatory and additional licensing FAQs
- Key Issues newsletters
- What's new
Housing and Homelessness
Information if you are in urgent housing need and other information and advice available.
- Homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- What are my housing options
- Domestic abuse & harassment
- Rough sleeping
- Housing support for the older or vulnerable
Help and support to tenants living in social housing or those looking to access it.
Housing in the Private Sector
Help and support to homeowners, landlords and tenants living in private housing.
- HMOs (Houses in Multiple Occupation)
- HMO licensing
- Landlords rights & responsibilities
- Tenants rights & responsibilities
- Homeowner advice
- Report an empty property
- Get home energy advice
- Housing grants
- Immigration visits
Welfare Reform, Benefit Advice and DWAS Scheme
Details of benefits and of our discretionary scheme to provide help in a crisis.
- Welfare reform and benefit advice
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
- Welfare Assistance (DWAS Scheme)
Information about the service, our key aims and objectives, as well as details about the various strategies and policies we have that relate to housing matters.
- Tell me more about the Strategic Housing Service
- New affordable housing development
- What are our housing strategies
Emergency including Flooding & Fires
If your property has been damaged due to an emergency situation and the property is not safe to return to, you should first try and source accommodation with family or friends, if you are unable to do this you should call the Housing Advice Team.
- If your property has been damaged due to an emergency situation call the Housing Advice Team
- If you require further advice about flooding please visit our Flooding page