Housing Association Preferred Development Partners
To achieve consistency in the quality and standard of affordable housing developed in the City, Worcester City Council has entered into partnership with the following housing associations who are currently actively developing in the City.
Worcester Community Housing
Bromford Housing Group
Festival Housing Group
Muir Housing Association
Sanctuary Housing Association
Waterloo Housing Association
West Mercia Housing Group
These partners work closely with the City Council to work on new opportunities to develop new affordable housing in the City.
How development partners are selected
At each annual review of the partnership, Worcester City Council considers applications from any RSL which has asked to be included and is actively planning development within the City. RSL's will be selected following an assessment of the organisation's performance regarding housing management and development and successful organisations will be invited to enter into a partnership agreement with the Council.
Benefits Of Working With A Preferred Partner
Working with a preferred partner housing association can provide many benefits to a developer/landowner and these include the following:
- they have been through a selection process with the local authority
- they will have a proven record in delivering affordable housing and have excellent housing management skills.
- they have a good knowledge of the Worcester area with an understanding of local needs and priorities
- they have housing stock in the area and existing housing management arrangements
- they have built up a close working relationship with the Local Authority
- we can supply up to date contact details for the partner housing associations.
- they are actively developing in this area.