Concessionary Bus Fares
National Concessionary Travel Scheme Eligibility
You are entitled to a bus pass if you meet the following requirements:
You are a resident in Worcestershire, plus one or more of the following apply:
- Based on age - If you were born after April 5 1950, the age you become eligible is tied to changes in the State Pension age for women. This affects both men and women. You can check when you'll become eligible by entering your sex and date of birth into the State Pension age calculator on the DirectGov website.
- You are blind or partially sighted
- You are profoundly or severely deaf
- You are without speech
- You have a disability or injury which seriously impairs your ability to walk
- You do not have the use of both arms
- You have a learning disability
- You have had your driving licence refused or revoked on medical or physical grounds
- You require a companion to travel with you
How do I prove that I am eligible?
In order to prove your eligibility you will need the following for:
Over 60s Eligibility
eligibility based on age - To find out what age you can apply for a pass
- Proof of residency (e.g. recent utility bill, driving licence) and
- Proof of your disability (e.g. Higher rate DLA or AA, existing disabled parking badge, proof of registration with Adult & Community Services, in receipt of special education, medical evidence)
- Proof of need and relation to pass holder
Are you eligible and want to apply?
Any Worcestershire resident who meets the eligibility criteria and would like to apply for a concessionary travel bus pass will need to complete a Worcestershire Concessionary Travel Scheme application form.
The easiest way to do this is download the application form, complete it and enclose it in an envelope with:
- One document as proof of residency
- One document for proof of eligibility
- A passport sized photograph of yourself
A full list of accepted documents is available to view on the eligibility section webpages. Residents applying are asked to provide copies and not original documents.
Then simply post your envelope to:
Concessionary Travel Application, Worcestershire Hub Contact Centre, PO Box 589, WR4 9FX
Alternatively you can request an application form or get further information by calling 01905 822766 or visiting your local Worcestershire Hub Customer Service Centre.
Below is a list of PDF documents relating to the content on this page: