My refuse or recycling hasn't been collected

We are sorry if we have inadvertently missed your refuse or recycling.

To avoid us missing your refuse or recycling, place your wheelie bin or sacks (if your household is on an authorised sack collection) on the edge of your property, in an obvious place, so that our crews can find it easily. Thank you.

We have introduced an improved telephone service for the reporting of missed refuse collections. We have also introduced a new domestic bin information tag which will be attached to your bin should there be a problem. These have replaced the old-style red notices. The tag will indicate why your bin has not been collected and provide information as to what to do next.

If you need to ring the Worcestershire Hub on 01905 722233, choose option 4 which transfers you to a voice-activated system. You will be asked if you have received an information tag on your bin. The system will record details about your incident or transfer you to a Customer Service Advisor.

We aim to collect missed bins within three working days. Please leave your bin out in the usual place until it has been emptied.

The crews record all bins/sacks which haven't been placed out and those bin/sacks which have not been collected due to a problem. Your bin may not be collected if it is over full. Bins with open lids and protruding waste will not be collected because of the risk of falling items during the lifting process.

In communal bin stores, householders must use the bins and not leave sacks and other waste on the floor.

Please note that we do not collect garden waste, sacks of rubble or large items placed out with normal domestic refuse. The collection crews have discretion not to place an item of waste in the vehicle if they think it may damage the vehicle in the compaction process.

Bank holiday changes to refuse and cleansing services

Information about refuse and recycling collections during bank holidays.


Worcestershire Hub Tel: 01905 722233

Fax: 01905 722149

On-line via the Worcestershire Hub: Report a missed collection


You can call in to the Customer Service Centre .

If you would like to write to us, our postal address is on the City Council Contact Page.