Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
The 2005 Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act introduced Supplementary Planning Documents to replace Supplementary Planning Guidance documents. SPDs provide guidance on the implementation and delivery of planning policy set out in the City's Local Plan policies.
Developer Contributions SPD
This Developer Contributions SPD will explain how and when developers will need to make contributions towards local infrastructure in order to ensure their proposals are acceptable in planning terms and in line with SWDP policies. The Developer Contributions SPD has been revised in response to representations received during the previous consultation.
The Revised Draft Developer Contributions SPD consultation will run for six weeks from 9:00 am Friday 1st April 2016 to 5:00 pm Monday 16th May 2016. Any comments or representations seeking changes or improvements to this document must be received by 5:00 pm Monday 16th May 2016. Further information is available at www.swdevelopmentplan.org.
Draft Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document
The south Worcestershire councils are consulting on an Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). The Affordable Housing SPD explains the details of the South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP) policies that relate to the provision of affordable housing. It is a guide intended to help developers, landowners, applicants for planning permission, Registered providers (RPs) and others who are seeking to provide or benefit from affordable housing. The consultation runs until 5pm on Monday 25th April 2016. Further details are available from the South Worcestershire Development Plan website.
SEA Screening Statement
- Houses in Multiple Occupancy Supplementary Planning Document (October 2014)
- Accessibility Supplementary Planning Document (Adopted 1st March 2012)
- Takeaway Food Outlet Supplementary Planning Document
- Affordable Housing SPD - Adopted January 2009
- Biodiversity and Trees SPD - Adopted 10th September 2007
- Archaeology and The Historic Environment SPD - Adopted 10th September 2007
- Education Contributions SPD - Adopted 2nd April 2007
- City Centre SPD - Adopted 25th February 2007
- Earls Court Farm Development and Design Brief - Adopted 2nd February 2007
- Grove Farm Business Park Development Brief SPD - Adopted May 2006
- Financial Contributions For Sustainable Transport - Adopted 21st March 2006
- Former Ronkswood Hospital Development Brief
A Supplementary Guidance document has been produced to aid interpretation and application of the Worcestershire Landscape Character Assessment (LCA). This document has been prepared by Worcestershire County Council and it is intended to supplement policies at a county and district level.
The Landscape Character Assessment Supplementary Guidance provides a single, consistent and unifying guidance document on the application of landscape character planning for the whole county.
Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG)
In parallel with the Local Plan, the City Council has produced a series of more detailed Supplementary Planning Guidance Notes. Initially these are saved because they are linked to saved policies in the Local Plan. However under the new system they will gradually be replaced by the new Supplementary Planning Documents (SPD's).
The current list of Supplementary Planning Guidance Documents are: (These will be added to the web site as they are reviewed and produced as SPDs)