Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
Planning for Health in South Worcestershire SPD
The South Worcestershire Authroities are currently consutlaing on a Draft Plannnig for Health SPD. Further information is avaialble from the South Worcestershire Development Plan website.
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
The 2005 Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act introduced Supplementary Planning Documents to replace Supplementary Planning Guidance documents. SPDs provide guidance on the implementation and delivery of planning policy set out in the City's Local Plan policies.
Developer Contributions SPD
The South Worcestershire Councils adopted the South Worcestershire Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Document on the 20th October 2016
The Developer Contributions SPD sets out the South Worcestershire Councils’ approach to seeking developer contributions via the SWDP for infrastructure or environmental improvements required as a result of development. The SPD provides guidance about when planning obligations will be expected, the scale of developer contributions, and how developer contributions will be used.
The Developer Contributions SPD can be viewed below.
- Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
- Developer Contributions Adoption Statement (SPD)
- Developer Contributions Final Adoption statement (SPD)
Adopted Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
The Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document covers the administrative areas of Worcester City Council, Malvern Hills District Council and Wychavon District Council. It explains the details of the South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP) policies that relate to the provision of affordable housing. It is a guide intended to help developers, landowners, applicants applying for planning permission, registered providers and others who are seeking to provide or benefit from affordable housing.
The Affordable Housing SPD was formally adopted on 26th October 2016.
SEA Screening Statement
- Houses in Multiple Occupancy Supplementary Planning Document (October 2014)
- Accessibility Supplementary Planning Document (Adopted 1st March 2012)
- Takeaway Food Outlet Supplementary Planning Document
- Affordable Housing SPD - Adopted January 2009
- Biodiversity and Trees SPD - Adopted 10th September 2007
- Archaeology and The Historic Environment SPD - Adopted 10th September 2007
- Education Contributions SPD - Adopted 2nd April 2007
- City Centre SPD - Adopted 25th February 2007
- Earls Court Farm Development and Design Brief - Adopted 2nd February 2007
- Grove Farm Business Park Development Brief SPD - Adopted May 2006
- Financial Contributions For Sustainable Transport - Adopted 21st March 2006
- Former Ronkswood Hospital Development Brief
A Supplementary Guidance document has been produced to aid interpretation and application of the Worcestershire Landscape Character Assessment (LCA). This document has been prepared by Worcestershire County Council and it is intended to supplement policies at a county and district level.
The Landscape Character Assessment Supplementary Guidance provides a single, consistent and unifying guidance document on the application of landscape character planning for the whole county.
Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG)
In parallel with the Local Plan, the City Council has produced a series of more detailed Supplementary Planning Guidance Notes. Initially these are saved because they are linked to saved policies in the Local Plan. However under the new system they will gradually be replaced by the new Supplementary Planning Documents (SPD's).
The current list of Supplementary Planning Guidance Documents are: (These will be added to the web site as they are reviewed and produced as SPDs)