Publication Scheme: Who we are and what we do
Organisational information, locations and contacts, constitutional and legal governance.
- Democratic Structure
- How decisions are made
- Organisational Chart
- Location and opening times of council properties
- Currently elected councillors' information and contact details
- Most recent election results
Relationships with other authorities
Worcester City Council is one of seven local authorities in the county of Worcestershire, the others being:
- Worcestershire County Council
- Bromsgrove District Council
- Malvern Hills District Council
- Redditch District Council
- Wyre Forest District Council
- Wychavon District Council
In addition, two parish councils are located in Worcester.
A number of services are run by other local authorities or shared services on behalf of Worcester City Council. The City Council retain overall responsibility for these services.
- Customer Services - Worcestershire Hub a partnership between Worcestershire County Council and the six district councils in Worcestershire
- Regulatory Services - Worcestershire Regulatory Services a partnership with the six district councils in Worcestershire
- Building Control Services - South Worcestershire Building Control Partnership Malvern Hills District Council and Wychavon District Council.
- Revenues and benefits – run by Civica for Worcester City, Malvern Hills and Wychavon District Councils
- Information and Communication Technology – SW2, the South Worcestershire ICT shared service for Worcester City, Malvern Hills and Wychavon District Councils
- Museums – Museums Worcestershire partnership with Worcestershire County Council
- Property Services – Place Partnership with Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, Redditch Borough Council, Warwickshire Police, West Mercia Police and Worcestershire County Council
- Internal Audit – Worcestershire Internal Audit Shared Service in partnership with Bromsgrove, Redditch, Malvern Hills and Wychavon District Councils
- Finance Services shared with Malvern Hills District Council
- Payroll Services shared with Wychavon District Council
- Procurement Services – South Worcestershire Procurement in partnership with Malvern Hills and Wychavon District Council
Other local public services include: