Election of a Member of Parliament: Worcester Constituency
A General Election will be held on Thursday, 8 June 2017, where the Worcester Parliamentary seat will be contested.
Register to vote
To vote in the General Election on 8 June, you need to be on the electoral register. You need to register to vote by 11:59pm on Monday 22 May. You don’t need to register again if you’ve already registered. You need to be on the electoral register to vote in elections
You may need the following, if you have them:
- National Insurance number
- Passport if you’re a British citizen living abroad
Postal and proxy vote registration deadlines
- Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday, 23 May 2017.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Guildhall by 5pm on Wednesday, 31 May 2017.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election may be applied for on grounds of physical incapacity or employment, where the changes occurred after 5pm on Wednesday, 31 May 2017, and must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Guildhall by 5pm on Thursday, 8 June 2017.
Standing as a candidate
- Forms of nomination for the Parliamentary Election may be obtained at Guildhall, High Street, Worcester, WR1 2EY between the hours of 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays), from the Acting Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Acting Returning Officer on any day after the date of this notice between the hours of 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays), but no later than 4pm on Thursday, 11 May 2017.
- If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 8 June 2017.
- Parliamentary Statement of Persons Nominated, Notice of Poll and Situation of Polling Stations
- Notice of Election Agents' Names and Offices
- Parliamentary Notice of Election
If you have any queries please contact Electoral Services
Tel: 01905 722530
Address: Electoral Registration Officer, Guildhall, High Street, Worcester WR1 2EY
Worcestershire County Council Elections
The Worcestershire County Council elections was held on Thursday, 4 May 2017.
- Notice of Poll
- Situation of Polling Stations
- Statement of Persons Nominated
- Notice of Election Agents Names and Officers
- Notice of Election
Election of a City Councillor (by-election)
Councillor David Wilkinson has resigned from Worcester City Council, where he represented the Bedwardine ward. A by-election was held for the election of one City Councillor for the Bedwardine ward. The poll took place on Thursday, 4 May 2017.
The Conservative Party
Labour and Co-operative Party
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
The Political Makeup of Worcester City Council
Number of seats
- Notice of Poll - Bedwardine Ward
- Statement of Persons Nominated - Bedwardine Ward
- Statement of Agents Names and Offices - Bedwardine Ward
- Notice of Vacancy - Bedwardine Ward
- Notice of Election - Bedwardine Ward