Worcester Crematorium features a fully accessible chapel, public waiting area, toilets with baby changing facilities, and Remembrance Room, where the Book of Remembrance is located. The free 61 bay car park includes two disabled bays.
- The chapel can accommodate 105 people seated with some additional space for standing.
- Service times are every 45 minutes. Extended times are available for an additional fee.
- For larger attendances there are external speakers that allow for people to stand outside the chapel and listen to the service.
- A flat screen TV is also available in the waiting room for a small amount of over-spill mourners.
- In the chapel there is a large screen that can be used to display visual tributes such as slide shows and video tributes from a media system that we use called Obitus.
- The chapel is available for services of any denomination or faith.
- Music is often an integral part of the service and choice of music is most important to families. The funeral director will liaise with Obitus for all music and any tributes for each service in advance. We have access to a large internet library of music and provided it is commercially available, we are able to play any appropriate piece of music during the service. Alternatively there is provision for an electric organ which is available at no extra charge.
- We are also able to record your service onto an audio CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, USB for an additional fee. We also have live website castings that can be arrange through Obitus for additional fees.
The above services are subject to advance notice, which your funeral director or the cemetery office can make the suitable arrangements.
After the service, the exit door opens out to the wreath terrace where family and friends may gather around floral tributes.
In all cases, any charges that involve the use of the Chapel, only apply to the hire of the building and its internal fittings – personal requirements for any service in the Chapel will always be at the expense of the hirers. Whilst we make every effort to accommodate all access needs in relation to physical access to this, personal requirements in relation to any form of interpreting or other personal care or support will always be the responsibility of the hirer.
If you decide to use a funeral director, it's important you discuss all your needs and wishes with them so we can work together to deliver the service you require.
We work with the Institute of Cemetery & Crematorium Management (ICCM) in the recycling of metal implants following a cremation. This year in 2019, we are pleased to announce that our chosen charity is Footsteps.
Infant Cremation Policy Statement
Worcester Crematorium is committed to the sensitive and respectful care of all of those entrusted to us. Our policies and processes for infant cremation are aligned to the latest guidance on Infant Cremation.
- The crematorium has easy access and egress for disabled visitors. A wheelchair is available on request.
- An induction loop system is in place for hearing impaired visitors and large print hymn books available for the visually impaired visitor.
- Car park includes two disabled bays.
Cemetery and Crematorium Office
Worcester, WR3 8HA
Telephone: 01905 22633