Supporting Worcester businesses to attract and retain people with the right skills, at the right time maximising local employment and workforce development is key. Working with our partners we’ve set up a Skills for Growth programme to offer a comprehensive support package for employers to help their business grow especially if they are in one of the following key sectors:-
- Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering
- Information Technology/Cyber Security or other Digital Industries
- Visitor and Destination Economy (including destination retail)
- Construction and Property Services
- Professional Services e.g. recruitment, legal, accountancy
Do you want young, enthusiastic talent that you can mould and develop for your business? The answer: hire an apprentice.
Did you know?
The average Apprenticeship increases business productivity by £214 per week, with these gains including increased profits, lower prices and better products.
- An apprentice can be any age, and you can train them right up to ‘degree’ level?
- Training is 90% funded by the government, and if you employ less than 10 people it’s completely free.
- And you get FREE recruitment and grants to help with training and salary costs. It’s never been a better time to hire an apprentice.
Find out more at the Worcestershire Apprenticeship Hub. The hub provides impartial, and independent advice and referrals to the right training provider for your needs and budget AND they can tell you all about the -
Worcester City Council Apprenticeship Grant
If you are having a Levy headache then see the apprenticeship levy information sheet or visit www.worcsapprenticeships.org.uk. A team of experts will advise you according to your particular business needs.
Students Placements, Interns and Graduates
Do you want to access University of Worcester student skills? Looking to recruit into hard to fill technical roles?
Worcester City Grant Scheme
The Worcester City Graduate Grant Scheme offers one stop shop FREE recruitment from across 13 West Midland Universities and grant support of £1,000 towards the cost of recruiting a graduate or undergraduate.
There are two types of grant are available:
Grant 1: Year in Industry Placement Scheme – delivered with Worcester Business School (University of Worcester) - £1,000 grant to eligible businesses providing a Year in Industry placement in accordance with the WBS Placement Scheme.
Grant 2: Internship and Graduate Jobs – delivered with Graduate Advantage. FREE Recruitment service and £250 - £1,000 grant to eligible businesses recruiting to a 3 – 12 month internship, or £1,000 grant if recruiting to a permanent graduate level job.
Find out more about theGraduate Grant scheme information sheet.