Our commitment to help Worcester become carbon neutral by 2030
Worcester City Council declared a climate emergency in July 2019 and committed itself to take action to help the city become carbon neutral by 2030. The authority has created a strategy setting out policies to achieve this:
- Making the work of Worcester City Council carbon neutral
- Developing the city's low carbon economy and ensuring sustainability becomes embedded in the practices of businesses
- Protecting Worcester's natural environment and enhancing its biodiversity
- Ensuring the city is prepared for and able to cope with the effects and impacts of the changing climate
- Reducing Worcester's consumption of resources.
The strategy has been drawn up with input from Conservative, Labour and Green members of the Council, along with local stakeholders.