Worcester City Council’s environmental sustainability strategy is supported by an action plan.
This includes actions and timescales to:
- Decarbonise buildings owned by Worcester City Council – including the Commandery, Guildhall and Museum and Art Gallery
- Reduce emissions from Council vehicles – in particular, its refuse collection fleet
- Encourage active travel – making it easier and safer for people to walk and cycle around the city
- Improve energy efficiency of Worcester homes – Advice and information on grants
- Install more electric charging points in Worcester- backed by a £200K investment in 2022-3
- Fund more environmental initiatives – grants of up to £1,000 are available.
- Plant more trees – Worcester City Council has supported the planting of well over 10,000 trees since 2017.
- Reduce waste and recycle and re-use more
- Eliminate single-use plastic in partnership with Plastic Free Worcester