When trying to reduce the amount of waste we produce, we should prioritise reducing our consumption, reusing and repairing what we have and recycling everything else!
- If you have something that is damaged, try taking it to a repair café instead of throwing it in the bin. There is one that runs every month in Worcester.
- If you have items you no longer want or need, donate them to charity or resell them online.
- Use the Discover app to explore vintage and second-hand shops in Worcester!
- Currently about 34% of household waste in Worcester is recycled. Although this has been increasing it is still behind the national average of 44%. We all need to do our part to ensure that we recycle as much as possible. Recycling is the responsibility of everyone!
- Try using the re-use sheds at the household recycling centres where possible
Not sure if or where to recycle an item? Have a search on the A-Z of Recycling from Let’s Waste Less Worcestershire.
Severn Waste have created a number of fact sheets on different materials taking you through their recycling journey.