Community Assistance and Volunteers #here2help

here2help Worcestershire

Can you offer assistance or need help during the Covid-19 pandemic? Worcester City Council is directing those in need to the #here2help service coordinated by Worcestershire County Council. #here2help focuses on assisting our communities and coordinating support, especially for vulnerable residents. 

  • Do you need help and would like to be contacted by a helper or volunteer within 24 hours?
  • Can help as a volunteer, or to donate goods or services? Our community is our strongest asset, especially in times of great need.

I need helpTell us how you can help

Self-isolation Support Payment Scheme

From Monday, 28 September 2020, you are required by law to self-isolate if you are told to do so by NHS Test and Trace.

The Government has introduced a £500 support payment to help people on low incomes who have to self-isolate, or parents and guardians on low incomes whose children are instructed to self-isolate. Worcester City Council is responsible for making the payments.

Self-isolation Support Payment Scheme

Support for families and children

Information about food, activities and support available to families and children from nursery and primary aged, through to older children and teenagers during school holidays.

Ready Steady Worcestershire

Get tested for Covid-19

Appointments are available in Worcester and Worcestershire, so getting your test will be quick, convenient and easy to do. You should get a test even if you feel well and your symptoms are mild. If you have one or more of the following symptoms, you should book a test:

  • a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
  • a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
  • a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.

You should self-isolate as soon as you are aware of symptoms and get a test. The result of the test will determine how long you must stay at home and self-isolate. If your test is negative, you can stop self-isolating. A positive test result means you must complete a 10-day isolation period.

If you have no symptoms you should take a rapid test (also known as a “lateral flow test”) twice a week. These are available for free, from a local pick-up spot or delivered to your home.

 I have symptoms and need a testI do not have symptoms but would like a test

Face coverings

It is no longer a legal requirement to wear face coverings, but you are still encouraged to do so in many indoor settings and on public transport. Guidance is available on when you should consider wearing one, the differences between coverings and masks, and on how to make your own.

Information on face coverings

Support for Businesses

New Restart grants are now available for businesses that were forced to close under the latest lockdown.

Guidance on Business Support and GrantsSupport for the Self-employedFurlough Scheme & Job Retention SchemeBusiness Rates Reductions

Limited City Council Services

Due to staff shortages and social distancing measures arising from the Coronavirus COVID-19 advice from Government, some of our services may be suspended or restricted.

Restricted Council Services