Housing is one of the most fundamental elements within anyone's life, even though people do not always realise it. It is integral to our communities and is a tool for promoting social inclusion, a vehicle for regeneration, addressing homelessness and at the heart of healthy neighbourhoods
Housing and Homelessness
Information if you are in urgent housing need and other information and advice available.
- Homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- What are my housing options
- Domestic abuse & harassment
- Rough sleeping
- Housing support for the older or vulnerable
- Armed Forces support
Help and support to tenants living in social housing or those looking to access it.
Housing in the Private Rented Sector
Help and support to homeowners, landlords and tenants living in private housing.
- HMOs (Houses in Multiple Occupation)
- HMO licensing
- Report a suspected unlicensed HMO
- Landlords rights & responsibilities
- Tenants rights & responsibilities
- Homeowner advice
- Get home energy advice
- Housing grants
- Immigration visits
- Report an empty property
Home Ownership Options
Help to Buy Midlands is the largest government appointed Help to Buy agent and is a one stop shop for anyone looking to move on and up the property ladder in the Midlands area.
They can advise about affordable housing schemes such as shared ownership and the Help to Buy equity loan scheme and their website has information about these schemes as well as a property search feature and information about where to go for mortgage and legal advice.
For more information on home ownership options please visit their website https://www.helptobuymidlands.co.uk/
Welfare Reform, Benefit Advice and DWAS Scheme
Details of benefits and of our discretionary scheme to provide help in a crisis.
- Welfare Reform and Benefit Advice
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
- Welfare Assistance (DWAS Scheme)
Strategic Housing & Community Activity Service
Information about the service, our key aims and objectives, as well as details about the various strategies and policies we have that relate to housing matters.
- Tell me more about the Strategic Housing & Community Activity Service
- New affordable housing development
- What are our housing strategies
View copies of our newsletters and keep track of recent changes.
- Additional licensing of HMOs
- Mandatory and additional licensing FAQs
- Key Issues Newsletters
- Landlord Newsletters
- What's new
Emergency including Flooding & Fires
If your property has been damaged due to an emergency situation and the property is not safe to return to, you should first try and source accommodation with family or friends, if you are unable to do this you should call the Housing Advice Team.
- If your property has been damaged due to an emergency situation call the Housing Advice Team
- If you require further advice about flooding please visit our Flooding page