Housing Support for Older or Vulnerable People

The Care Act in Worcestershire – will come into effect from 1 April 2015

The Care Act is the biggest change to English adult social care law in over 60 years. This information is to help you understand the Act and how the County Council are responding in Worcestershire, and to provide further information and contact details which you might find helpful. Read More

About Future Lives

Future Lives is the County Councils main change programme in Adult Services and Health. The County Council has developed proposals to rise to the challenge of saving £30 million in 2014/15 and then about £25 million per year until at least 2016/17, including £32 million from Adult Services and Health. Read more

Future of Social Care Services Directly Provided by the County Council

The County Council is currently considering the future of in-house services. They are looking at social care services that are directly provided by the council in the first instance and be looking at other services in due course. Read more

CCP Projects  

The Worcestershire Floating Support Service is provided to young adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, including those with mental health issues. The service can provide advice and support for tenancy issues, housing rights & homelessness, budgeting & benefit take-up, housing-related debt, training & employment and social & community inclusion.

CAB/Whabac and Worcestershire Advice Network

  • We suggest that you seek free independent housing advice regarding this from agencies such as CAB/Whabac or Worcestershire Advice Network.
  • Worcestershire Advice Network website deliver advice and information services across the county. Their services are free, independent, impartial and confidential. Worcestershire Advice Network is a partnership between; Five Worcestershire Citizen Advice bureaux as well as South Worcestershire DIAL and North Worcestershire DIAL who provide information and advice to disabled people and others on all aspects of living with a disability.
  • To access the advice or information you need: Click on the subject area you need help with and follow the link to Adviceguide for self help advice and information
  • If you cannot find what you are looking for: Complete the online form. They will get back to you within three working days.
  • You may like to discuss your problem. The let's talk connects you to one of their trained volunteers. They will offer information and options to help you resolve your issues.

Other useful information