Inclusive Growth Grant Scheme
Worcester City Council has an ambitious strategic plan for the next five years with the Worcester City Plan 2016- 2021 setting out the collective vision of political leaders in the city. Creating communities where everyone can thrive, sharing economic prosperity and enabling all our residents to get the training and jobs that they need to achieve to the best of their abilities are key priorities in the plan.
Inclusive Growth is one of four priority areas within the Worcester City Employment & Skills Strategy 2018 – 2021 with a commitment to work with the Department of Work and Pensions, Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership, Worcestershire County Council and other partners to remove barriers to employment, education and training for people who are at risk of, or are already living in, poverty and are most disadvantaged in the labour market.
As part of this commitment Worcester City Council has set aside funding to deliver a local ‘Inclusive Growth’ grant scheme to provide additional services targeting those who are most in need. The focus of the scheme is to improve support to two priority groups:-
- Young People Aged 16-24
- Aged 25+ Long term unemployed residents
Round 2 – Apply Now
Following a successful first round of bidding in 2018, we are now inviting applications into Round 2 which will be the last opportunity to apply for Inclusive Growth funding. Our priorities remain the same but in light of the projects we will be funding from Round 1 we are particularly keen to encourage more applications from projects which are –
- Supporting aged 25+ long term unemployed residents
- Are offering into work and in-work support, employer engagement and/or other activities which will lead to sustainable employment outcomes for residents of all ages
£40,880 is available in Round 2.
- Up to £10,000 per project is available
- Application deadline: 10 am Monday 4th February 2019
- Projects must deliver for a minimum of three months and a maximum of twelve months.
We are looking to fund projects which can:-
- Reach the targeted priority groups across the City
- Address an evidenced need
- Progress people on their journey into sustainable employment
- Link with local employers and/or skills needed in the local economy
- Improve referrals, signposting through stronger partnerships
- Deliver results for the people of Worcester
Am I eligible to apply for a grant?
To be eligible to apply, organisations must be:-
- Not-for-profit: voluntary and community organisations, social enterprises, co-operatives and mutual societies, Community Interest Companies, registered charities and charitable organisations i.e. non-governmental organisations which are value driven and which principally invest their surpluses to further social, environmental or cultural objectives. We will need to see your organisation’s governing documentation confirming your legal structure before awarding a grant.
- Are active in Worcester City or able to deliver activity to Worcester City residents or those with a connection to the City e.g. in temporary housing, leaving statutory care
How do I apply for a grant?
Round 2 is now open with an application deadline of 10 am Monday 4th February 2019. Everything you need to apply can be found in the documents below. Please ensure you read all the documentation thoroughly before you apply.