Worcester city centre masterplan
Comprehensive masterplan for the city centre extending to 2040’s providing a planning framework and guiding public and private investment.
Image courtesy of Node.
Welcome to the City Centre Masterplan which will create:
- A successful and growing Cathedral and University city, with more homes, businesses and jobs.
- A city with prestige tourist, education and retail attractions.
- A place that maintains its “city in the country” feel, its valued heritage assets and environmental quality.
This masterplan defines key development schemes and public realm improvement projects that can have a transformational impact upon Worcester city centre. The proposals within this masterplan have the potential to produce the following:
|£385m additional GVA per year once fully developed|
|8 historic buildings brought back into economic use|
|3,243 new homes proposed|
|8,610 new jobs created|
|£0.7m savings for the NHS per year through healthier lifestyles|
|9 New parks, squares and public spaces|
|14 km of new cycle infrastructure|
A vision for Worcester
The Masterplan was adopted by Worcester City Council on 16 July 2019.
Final Worcester City Centre Masterplan
- Worcester City Centre Masterplan (PDF 36 MB)
- Full Worcester City Masterplan Part 1 (PDF 67 MB)
- Full Worcester City Masterplan Part 2 (PDF 78 MB)