Worcester city centre masterplan
Comprehensive masterplan for the city centre extending to 2040’s providing a planning framework and guiding public and private investment.
Image courtesy of Node.
Welcome to the city centre masterplan which will create:
- A successful and growing Cathedral and University City, with more homes, businesses and jobs.
- A City with prestige tourist, education and retail attractions.
- A place that maintains its “city in the country” feel, its valued heritage assets and environmental quality.
The masterplan defines key development and public realm projects that can have transformational impact on Worcester. The masterplan can provide the following headline figures:
|Food and beverages||Up to 75 new bars, cafes and restaurants|
|Retail||Up to 20,000 m2 new retail space|
|Residential||Between 2,000 and 2,350 new residential units|
|Office/Employment||Up to 110,000 m2 new office and employment space|
|Education||Up to 16,000 m2 new knowledge and innovation space|
|Leisure||Up to 15,000 m2 new leisure space|
|Hotel||Two new hotels providing up to 15,000 m2 space|
A vision for Worcester
Draft city centre masterplan consultation document
A draft city centre masterplan consultation document was published in October 2018.
Residents and interested parties were asked to respond to the consultation by 7 November 2018.
Draft full documents
- Masterplan - Chapter 1 (6.2 Mb)
- Masterplan - Chapter 2 (49.5 Mb)
- Masterplan - Chapter 3 (4 Mb)
- Masterplan - Chapter 4.1 (29 Mb)
- Masterplan - Chapter 4.2 (22.5 Mb)
- Masterplan - Chapter 4.3 (23 Mb)
- Masterplan - Chapter 4.4 (21 Mb)
- Masterplan - Chapter 5 (0.5 Mb)
- Appendix 1 - Literature Review (2.1 Mb)
- Appendix 2 - Heritage Analysis (18.9 Mb)
- Appendix 3 - Summary of Engagement (10.8 Mb)