Parking Service Charter
The City Council is the leading provider of parking services in Worcester City. We have fourteen car parks with over 2500 spaces, and three 'on street' controlled parking zones, for people living in, working in or just visiting the City of Worcester. We are also responsible for the enforcement of 'off street' parking regulations. These are regulations which apply to parking restrictions placed on the highway.
The majority of our car parks have attained 'Safer Parking' status. This is a prestigious achievement awarded by the British Parking Association and Association of Chief Police Officers under the Safer Parking Accreditation Scheme. The government would like to see all car parks achieve this standard.Park Mark - Safer Parking. It is the job of Worcester City Council to keep Worcester ‘on the move' for the benefit of all road users, avoiding problems caused by irresponsible or inconsiderate parking.
You may park your motor vehicle on the road providing it is safe to do so and there are no Traffic Regulation Orders in place which prohibit or restrict you from doing so. Where we find motor vehicles contravening the traffic regulations we may apply our enforcement policy.
Our parking services staff are employed to administer and enforce the Traffic Regulation Orders fairly and equitably within our car parks and on the highway throughout the city where parking restrictions exist. Our parking service operates 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
We believe that effective parking enforcement benefits public transport users, pedestrians, motor cyclists, cyclists, responsible drivers and other road users.
The Parking Service team maintain pay and display ticket machines within Council owned car parks as well as signs and lines. Together with our partner agency, Worcestershire County Council, we are responsible for the infrastructure of 'on' and 'off' street parking to make sure parking bays and spaces are always available and safe to use.
The team also aims to handle all enquiries in a courteous and helpful manner and respond to all written representations about penalty charge notices.
We are committed to providing the best parking service in Worcester by understanding what is important to our customers.
- Clean, safe, and easy to use car parks
- The highest standards of security, using closed circuit television systems
- Brightly lit car parks
- Well trained and enthusiastic staff
- Competitive prices
- Customer help points
- Clear signs
- Free cycle / motor cycle parking
We will expect the users of our car parks:
- To pay the appropriate charge. (Charges apply between 7am and 9pm every day, including Sundays and Bank holidays)
- To properly display a valid pay and display ticket so it can be easily seen and read as to date, time and amount paid
- To park correctly in a parking bay
- Use only one parking space. (Do not park on the white lines or allow your vehicle to overhang into the adjoining bay)
- To ensure that any motor vehicles using our car parks are properly insured to the minimum requirements of the Road Traffic Act
- To ensure that any motor vehicle using our car parks displays a valid vehicle excise disk (VED)
- To ensure that any motor vehicles using our car parks do not cause an obstruction to other road users, including pedestrians
- Have consideration for other road and car park users
- Treat our Civil Enforcement Officers in a civil and courteous manner
You can help us by:
- Parking only in marked bays
- Not losing your ticket
- Reporting any incidents including accidents where damage has occurred to our property
- Having enough cash to cover your parking fee
- Putting your litter in the bins provided
- Making sure your motor vehicle is not too high for the car park entrance
If we fail to meet your expectations:
- We will thank you for your feedback
- Be active in putting things right
- Do the things needed to stop it happening again
Where you can find us
We have fourteen convenient car parks in Worcester City offering parking services to business users, residents and visitors. Thirteen of those car parks allow users of vehicles that meet the below criteria to park, providing the unladen weight of the vehicles does not exceed 2750kgs.
Croft Road car park in addition provides facilities for vehicles larger than the below, to park,up to a maximum gross weight of 42 tonnes.
Trailers may also be parked in Croft Road Car Park. A trailer is any trailer towed by a motor vehicle.
Permitted vehicle sizes are as follows:
- Maximum length 4.92 metres (16'0')
- Maximum width 2.46 metres (8'0')
- Maximum height 2.00 metres (6'6')
Worcester City car parks
|St Martins Gate||804 (multi storey car park)|
|Pitchcroft / Moors||345|
|Croft Road (Cars)||241|
|Croft Road (Coaches)||8|
‘On' Street Controlled Parking Zones
Parking restrictions in force in Worcester City
Parking on a single yellow line
Generally, you cannot park on a single yellow line between 8 am and 6 pm, Monday to Saturday. You should always check street signs or the controlled parking zone signs for confirmation of the regulations, as the hours when single yellow lines operate vary from location to location.
Parking on a double yellow line
This is not permitted at any time of the day or night, weekdays or weekends. Double yellow lines denote an area where it can be dangerous to park, or where leaving your vehicle can be a hazard to other road users. Double yellow lines are placed on the highway to improve road safety. Those who park on double yellow lines will receive a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
Parking in a loading bay
These areas are for the specific use of vehicles that wish to load and unload. Some bays are for the specific use of commercial vehicles only, although you should always check street signs for confirmation of regulations. Those who simply park in a loading bay without loading or unloading will receive a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
Parking in a Residents Parking ZoneThese areas are for the use of residents who must display a valid resident's permit or their visitors who must display a valid resident's permit.
Parking in a residents parking zone without the proper authority will attract a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
Parking in Council owned car parks
We encourage people living in, working in, or just visiting the City of Worcester to use our car parks. Our car parks are safe and clean and are strategically located around the City to be convenient to all the facilities the City has to offer.
Motor cycles may park free in the designated areas of our car parks. With the exception of Croft Road car park all our car parks have height and width restrictions in place. Motor vehicles may only be parked within the designated car parking bays.
How to avoid receiving a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)
- Check the times when parking is allowed
- Park fully within the markings of the bay
- Check that the bay is not suspended – especially if you park here frequently
- Do not leave your vehicle to go and get change for the pay and display machine
- Check that your pay and display ticket shows the expiry time before leaving your vehicle
- Do not leave more than one ticket on display – always remove expired ones
- Check that your ticket, permit or badge is properly displayed before you leave your vehicle
- Do not come back to your vehicle and insert additional coins into the pay and display machine if buying extra time is not permitted
- Before parking on a single yellow line, check the time plate allows you to do this
- Do not park on double yellow lines anytime day or night
- Do not park in taxi bays or taxi ranks
- Do not park in bays designated for use by disabled users without displaying a blue badge
- Do not park in a loading bay without loading or unloading
- Do not park in a dual use bay during restricted times
- Do not park in residents parking bays without displaying a residents parking permit
Your right of reply
If you have any comments or suggestions regarding this charter please write to:
Parking & Enforcement Services
Worcester City Council
or email email@example.com