If you receive home (domiciliary) care and your permanent home address is within an eligible residents parking scheme, you may be eligible to apply for a carer permit.
The permit is a paper permit, printed for use on different vehicles.
This type of permit is issued to residents for use by a carer who needs to park while they are carrying out care tasks for the resident.
A charge is payable. This charge is currently £30 for a permit valid for 12 months and £20 for a permit valid for 6 months.
A vehicle displaying a carer permit can park for up to 2 hours at a time in the permit holder only areas, on single yellow lines (outside the hours 8.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday) and in 45-minute shared-use bays in the streets.
Eligibility and application
You may apply for a carer permit if you receive regular home care support. You will need to provide evidence of this when you apply. A copy of one of the following documents must be provided:
- Letter from the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) or the Pension Service confirming you receive Attendance Allowance; or
- Letter from the DWP confirming you receive the care element of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or the Daily Living Component of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP); or
- Letter from the DWP confirming your carer is in receipt of Carers Allowance for providing care for you; or
- Your care plan
Use of carer permit
- The permit can be used in some of the roads/lengths of roads, subject to any other restrictions which may be in place as indicated by signs and markings and the guidance notes issued by Worcestershire County Council for each scheme.
- The permit must be clearly displayed on the windscreen or on the dashboard of a vehicle. (This will be a printed paper permit)
- The permit must be displayed immediately after parking the vehicle.
- If you no longer need a permit or if you move addresses, we ask that you inform the Council as soon as possible to enable us to cancel it. Permits are linked by address and are not transferable.
- You are responsible for renewing the permit and should apply online 14 days before the expiry date of the current permit
- If the Council believes that a permit is being misused, it reserves the right to withdraw or cancel a permit at any time.
- Vehicles must always park entirely inside the parking bay markings, where present.
The Council may vary the terms of this guidance/registration document from time to time, depending on how the scheme is working and any changes in circumstances.
How to apply
Send your request, including supporting evidence
Or Write to:
Parking & Enforcement Services
Worcester City Council
Applications will need to be accompanied by written evidence, however you can call 01905 722233 for guidance.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept carer permit applications via Mi Permit at this time.