The Saturday Skips Collection Service has restarted, with some alterations to ensure that it operates safely. Sites will be operated on a rota basis, with the site receiving a visit approximately every eight weeks.
All waste is segregated as per regulatory requirements and is taken either for composting, recycling or recovery at the county’s energy from waste plant.
Mobile household waste collection points are designed for pedestrian users only, private vehicles will not be permitted on site.
The service is designed to provide a free local disposal point for residents who are unable to transport bulky household waste items to a Household Recycling Centre (HRC).
Map of Saturday skips locations in Worcester
|3 July 2021||08:00-12:00||Shap Drive|
|10 July 2021||08:00-12:00||Liverpool Road|
|17 July 2021||08:00-12:00||King George v playing fields|
|24 July 2021||08:00-12:00||Dines Green|
|31 July 2021||08:00-12:00||Waverly Street|
|7 August 2021||08:00-12:00||Weir Lane|
|14 August 2021||08:00-12:00||
A reduced service operates at this site due to space restrictions (1 x RCV + 2 x 3.5t vehicles).
Currently no separate garden waste.
|21 August 2021||08:00-12:00||
Residents who are able to transport items to their local HRC should continue to use these facilities which provide a wide range of recycling options.
Safe zones will be created to ensure that visitors to the site are kept clear of vehicles; in addition loading of waste will be carried out by trained City Council staff only.
Garden waste is separated for composting, wood and metals are separated for recycling at the sites
- Non-recyclable waste general household / “black bag” waste
- Garden waste - separated for composting
- Metals - separated for recycling
- Hard plastics e.g. broken furniture and toys
- Wood and timber - separated for recycling
- Garden waste is accepted providing it can be kept separate from residual waste and must be able to be de-bagged before depositing into the collection vehicle.
The service is provided for bags of general non-recyclable household waste and bulky household waste items which will not fit into a wheeled bin, but could be collected by the standard service if they were broken down to fit into the bin e.g. furniture, wooden fencing panels, broken large toys and play equipment. Scrap metal will be accepted for recycling.
There is no limit to the amount of waste that will be accepted per customer and there is no booking system.
Waste not accepted
- Mixed household recyclables – these should be put out for your weekly collection
- Electrical items
- TVs and monitors
- Household and garden chemicals
- Cooking oil
- Used engine oil
- Fluorescent tubes
- Hardcore, rubble and soil
- Fridges and freezers
- Car batteries
- Mobile phones
- Gas bottles
- Print cartridges
- Hardcore and rubble
- Tapes and discs
Please dispose of the above items at your local Household Recycling Centre.
- Asbestos is not accepted. Residents should seek specialist waste management companies for advice regarding the removal, collection and disposal of asbestos.
- Commercial waste is not accepted. Businesses should seek advice from the City Council regarding the correct collection and disposal of business waste.
- Liquids are not accepted. Residents should use their local HRC or seek advice from a specialist waste management company.
Household Recycling Centres
Site usually open on Mondays will be open on Bank Holiday Mondays. Site is closed on CHRISTMAS DAY, BOXING DAY, and NEW YEARS DAY.
Please be advised that sites close promptly at the time(s) stated above. For your convenience it is advised that you aim to arrive at least 15 minutes before the site closes to allow time to unload.
Telephone: 01905 453610
Opening times: 8.00-18.00 Mon to Sat, 10.00-16.00 Sun.
This site is closed on Sundays and ALL Bank Holidays. Please be advised that sites close promptly at the time(s) stated above. For your convenience it is advised that you aim to arrive at least 15 minutes before the site closes to allow time to unload.
Tel: 01905 421116
Opening times: 8.00–16.00 Mon to Fri, 8.00–12.30 Sat.