The City Council is responsible for keeping Worcester's adopted streets, footways and land clean and free of litter and debris. The streets are divided into areas with each area having a dedicated team responsible for cleansing.
Litter is cleaned up as laid down by the Code of Practice on Litter and Refuse.
Our service provides both a programmed and responsive cleansing function using different methods as follows:
- Sweeping and litter picking of streets and pedestrian areas
- Sweeping and litter picking of council car parks
- Sweeping of footpaths and cycleways
- Litter picking of known trouble spots
Report Street/Footpath/Area for LitterReport Street/Footpath/Area for Sweeping
Please note that some streets or parts of streets in Worcester are not adopted by the Council and so are not covered by this service.
Leaf removal is seasonal and the removal of leaves from our streets and footways takes place during the Autumn.
Residents are responsible for leaf clearance and disposal from their own property and garden. Do not sweep leaves into the road as they can block drains and cause a hazard to road users.
Weed spraying of public highways is carried out by Worcestershire County Council twice a year between April and September. The timing of the work varies depending upon the weather conditions.
- Report a street/footpath for Sweeping
- Report a street/footpath/area for Litter
- Report a street/footpath for Leaves
- Telephone the Customer Services Team on 01905 722233