Fly Tipping on Private Land
Report Fly Tipping
We are responsible for the removal of fly tipping from public land and public highways, including verges, footpaths and bridleways, but not private land.
If the waste blocks the road or presents an immediate hazard to traffic report it to the County Council Highways Department.
Fly tipping is a criminal act. People caught illegally dumping waste can be fined up to £50,000 or face five years in prison.
We will investigate all incidents of fly tipping and prosecute offenders where sufficient evidence is available.
If you see someone fly tipping write down as many relevant details as possible:
- A description of the people fly tipping
- Full description of any vehicle involved, especially the registration
- What was fly tipped
- What kind of view you had and whether anyone else was with you
- Do not approach the fly tipper
- Do not place yourself in danger