- Help in the prevention of crime.
- Help reduce the fear of crime.
- Facilitate the apprehension and prosecution of offenders in relation to crime and public order.
- Identifying missing persons.
- To assist with other public safety issues.
Worcester City Council is responsible for a large number of CCTV cameras that are placed in strategic locations in areas of Worcester.
There are also a number of cameras in St Martins Gate car park - and a similar facility in Crowngate car park which is operated privately but is linked into ours.
All images from our cameras are fed back to a secure monitoring suite control room at Pershore which is monitored 24/7. The control room operators each have the ability to switch from camera to camera at the touch of a button, all linked in to the police radio system, Citynet and NightSafe.
Individuals can request images of themselves which have been recorded by our CCTV camera system and are only held for 30 days. All requests must comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
- Footage is only guaranteed to be retained for 30 days.
- We are only able to release footage to the police or an insurance company.
- We are unable to release footage to you if the incident is being investigated by the Police.
For more information or to request footage please contact the Community Safety Team.
Tel: 01905 722410