Do not under any circumstances be tempted to enter flood water. The flow of a swollen river along with its under-current can be very powerful. Flood water may contain raw sewage which can lead to health problems.
You can get the latest information on flooding in Worcester at:
- Environment Agency, for details of flood alerts and warnings (where you can sign up for flood warning alerts)
- Worcestershire County Council, for information on local roads affected
- Met Office, for latest weather forecasts
- For live updates, follow @myworcester on Twitter.
Further information on flooding
- The Environment Agency provide comprehensive information on flooding and flooding related issues. Please visit their website for guidance.
- Checking traffic - When traffic has to be diverted the Highways Department will organise closures and alternative routes. Worcestershire Highways will pass on all traffic news via twitter @WorcsTravel and local radio stations so please tune in.
- A place to rest - We will provide emergency rest centre accommodation if you have to evacuate your home and we will work with the Police to help you move. We will help place vulnerable people in temporary accommodation if required. Please think ahead and contact the Council for advice on 01905 722233 or 01562 733178 (out of hours).
- Cleaning up - The city council and the Worcestershire Highways will work to clean up the highways and get them back into use as soon as the flooding has receded.
- Public Health England - Flood: cleaning up and food hygiene
National Flood Forum
The National Flood Forum is a national charity dedicated to supporting and representing communities and individuals at risk of flooding. They do this by:
- Helping people to prepare for flooding in order to prevent it or mitigate its impacts
- Helping people to recover their lives once they have been flooded
- Campaigning on behalf of flood risk communities and working with government and agencies to ensure that they develop a community perspective.
Useful contact numbers
Floodline (The Environment Agency): 0345 988 1188
West Mercia Police: 101
Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service: 0345 122 4454
Severn Trent Water: 0800 783 4444
Please tune into local radio for regular updates
- BBC Hereford & Worcester 94.7, 104 or 104.6 FM
- Free Radio 96.7, 97.6 or 102.8 FM