Pay by Direct Debit
- This is the safest and easiest way to pay Council Tax or Business Rates. It can save you time, effort, and money.
- To set up a direct debit please register or sign in to Self-Service.
- You can choose to pay on the 1st, 10th, 15th, or 25th of the month if you switch to paying your Council Tax or Business Rates through your Bank or Building Society account by Direct Debit. Your annual bill will be collected in ten installments from April to January.
- If you apply for Direct Debit through the financial year you will be notified of the dates and amounts of the installments to be collected. You will receive a minimum of ten working days' notice before the first collection date.
If you already pay your council tax by direct debit this will be shown on your bill. You do not need to complete a new Direct Debit form or update your details unless you wish to change the bank account that payments are collected from.
With effect from 1 April 2023, if you are paying your Council Tax by direct debit and move out of the area or your account is closed, any credit on the account, once the amendment has been made, will be refunded to the bank account being used to make your payments from.
We will only refund credit if there is no outstanding Council Tax due on any other accounts in your name.
If you would like to pay by standing order please instruct your bank or building society to make payments on or before the installment dates on your bill.
The standing order (quoting your Council Tax or Business Rates account number) should be set up in favour of:
Worcester Cty Council
Sort Code: 40-47-17
You will need to take your Council Tax bill with you as it contains a barcode which is used for reference. You can pay by cash, cheque or debit card. There is a transaction limit of £999.99. If the amount to pay exceeds this limit, then multiple payments can be made. There will be no charge for the payment.
Pay by telephone
Call 0330 088 0680 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Payment by cash only to your local PayPoint store. You will need to take your Council Tax bill with you as it contains a barcode which is used for reference. There is a transaction limit of £200.00. If the amount to pay exceeds this limit, then multiple payments can be made. There will be no charge for the payment.
- Cheques should be sent to Revenues and Benefits, PO Box 11, Pershore, WR10 1PU
- Make the cheque payable to WORCESTER CITY COUNCIL and your Council Tax or Business Rates ACCOUNT REFERENCE and ADDRESS should be written on the back.
- Please note that a receipt for payment by cheque will no longer be produced and sent back to the payee.
- Please DO NOT send cash through the post.
- We do not accept post dated cheques.
The Council issues a bill to all households and businesses in March which shows how much you have to pay each month. .
If your circumstances change or you move house during the year must let the Council know straight away so that your bill can be adjusted accordingly.