Worcester City Council is committed to being transparent in all the work that we do, and is keen to promote the principles of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI), the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR), the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). These pieces of legislation give individuals the right of access to information about the council and information about themselves that the council holds.

Information About Worcester City Council

We publish a lot of information about the work we do and the services we provide. Our Guide to Information gives details of the information that we make publicly available, and also how to request information from us.

We are obliged to make much of the information we hold available to the public under the FOI act and the EIR act. We do this either by publishing it on our website or providing it to individuals upon request

Examples of information that is available on our website that we receive regular requests for include:

Information About Me

Under the GDPR and the DPA 2018, you have the right to know how we process you personal information. Our Privacy Notice pages give full details of the different reasons we may hold your personal information and how we use it.

You have the right to request access any of the information we hold about you, by making a Subject Access Request. You will need to complete a ‘ pdf Subject Access Request (130 KB) ' form and submit it with proof of your identity.

Information about Worcestershire County Council

Many services within Worcester City are provided by Worcestershire County Council who are a separate authority and are responsible for the following:

  • Adult and Children’s Social Care
  • Transport and Highways
  • Births, Deaths and Marriages
  • Schools and Education
  • Libraries, Archives and Archaeology

If you are interested in information regarding any of these services, please direct your request to Worcestershire County Council.

View our published information Submit an information request