Worcester City Council is responsible for ensuring that traffic congestion is kept to as low a level as possible, to allow free passage of vehicles on the Highways and to minimise any potential danger as a result to pedestrians.

To that end, Civil Enforcement Officers [ CEOs ] have enforced most of the parking Regulations in Worcester City since February 2003, when parking was De-Criminalised and the Police handed over responsibility for parking enforcement. To the District Authority, Worcester City Council.

Civil Enforcement Officers patrol and enforce parking regulations both on Council owned car parks as well as on the public Highway and Highway Enforcement is enshrined in The Traffic Management Act 2004 [ Part 6 ].

Civil Enforcement Officers may where deemed appropriate issue Penalty Charge Notices to vehicles that contravene parking regulations, such as parking on single or double yellow lines, in a time limited waiting bay for longer than permitted or parking an incorrect vehicle in a bay reserved for other vehicles, such a Goods Vehicle only bays.

At such locations there will be a ` Traffic Regulation Order ` in place that details exactly what the parking or waiting restrictions are.

Worcester City Council understands that there may be occasions where a vehicle will need to stop or park at locations they would  normally not be  permitted, due to the Traffic Regulation Order in Force. In some circumstances a Parking Dispensation may be issued, if certain criteria are satisfied.

For instance, a builders lorry collecting debris, a cement mixer delivering cement or a glazier fitting windows, in each case it would not be unreasonable to expect the vehicle to remain at that location while work is completed.

Dispensations will not be issued simply because it is convenient for the driver to park there.

The question that must always be satisfied will be, ` Is the vehicle actually required there at the location, all the time? Can it be moved?

There are two types of Parking Dispensation that may be applied for.

1. One Day Temporary Parking Dispensation.

These Dispensation Permits cater for the occasions where a vehicle will be needed for a few hours only at a location where parking would not normally be permitted and expire at midnight on the date stated on the Permit.

Please note One Day Permits can ONLY be applied for on the day they are required. If you require a One Day Temporary Parking Dispensation Permit, please complete the on-line form.

On completion of the form, press submit, the application will be forwarded to the Civil Enforcement Officer for action.

PLEASE NOTE if you require more than one day parking dispensation in any seven day rolling period you will need to apply for a seven day dispensation permit.

Weekend Parking Dispensations

For One Day Parking Dispensations at weekends, the Worcestershire Hub is not available therefore telephone applications will not be processed. Please e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  providing the following details:

  • Location where parking is required.
  • Any parking restrictions if known [ such as double yellow lines, limited waiting ]
  • Vehicle[s] Make, model, colour and registration number.
  • Any company or other logo or markings [ such as Smith`s Removals or Jones Builders ]
  • Name of applicant.
  • Contact telephone numbers to include where possible both mobile telephone and land line telephone numbers.
  • Reason for parking [ such as carrying out building works or furniture removals]

2. You may also contact a Patrolling Civil Enforcement Officer in person, who will consider your request  and if approved issue you with your One Day Temporary Parking Dispensation.

Note; A One Day Temporary Parking Dispensation will be issued once only to the vehicle. If the vehicle needs to park at that location again or for longer than one day, then a Seven Day Parking Dispensation must be applied for.

There is no charge for a One Day Temporary Parking Dispensation.

2. Seven Day Parking Dispensation.

If you need to park at a restricted or prohibited location for more than one day you may apply for a Seven Day Parking Dispensation by telephone to The Worcestershire Hub on 01905 722233 or in person at The Hive, Sawmill Walk, The Butts, Worcester, WR1 3PB

This will enable you to park for up to but not exceeding seven clear days. It will expire on midnight on the seventh day.

There will be a non-refundable administration fee of £55 on application, whether you need one or more vehicles at the location. Applications should be made two working days in advance.

By displaying either a One Day Temporary or Seven Day Parking Dispensation in the windscreen of your vehicle, the Civil Enforcement Officers will not issue a Penalty Charge Notice to your vehicle at the named location.

Please Note; The issue of a Parking Dispensation, either a One Day Temporary or a Seven Day Dispensation does not grant an absolute authority to park on the Highway in contravention of the prevailing Traffic Regulation Orders in Force at that time. It simply means that Worcester City Council will note the reason for the vehicle being at the location and Civil Enforcement Officers will not issue a Penalty Charge Notice to the vehicle, that would in normal circumstances require the issue of such a notice. The Police may direct you to move the vehicle at any time.

You can telephone the Worcestershire hub on 01905 722233 between the hours of  9am & 5pm Monday to Friday.

You can visit the Worcestershire Hub in person between the hours of 9am & 5pm Monday to Friday.