- Only residents of premises whose address falls within the listed streets in the relevant zone may apply for a Residents Parking Permit to park their vehicle within that particular zone. Where a resident is not listed on the current electoral roll, it may be necessary to produce some other form of proof of residence.
- A Permit to park in a defined zone will not allow parking in another different zone; the permit is restricted to parking in the listed zone only.
- Permit charges and the number of permits allowed per property are listed in the relevant zone details.
- A Resident`s Parking Permit will apply to one specific vehicle only by registration number and may not be used on any other vehicle.
- Resident`s Parking Permits may be issued to the following classes of vehicles.
- A Passenger vehicle [car].
- A motor-cycle.
- A Goods Vehicle [small vans etc.].
- Possession of a Resident`s Parking Permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space within the specified Zone, this is subject to occupancy by other Permit holders. Neither does the possession of a Resident`s Parking Permit guarantee the permit holder will be able to park directly outside their property. Possession of a Resident`s Parking Permit simply allows the permit holder to park within the specified scheme, space permitting.
- The permit holder should be the registered owner or keeper of the vehicle for which the permit is issued.
- Resident`s Parking Permits are valid for a period not exceeding 12 months from the date of issue. Applications for Resident`s Parking Permits must be made online via MI Permit. Applications to renew permits may be made up to one month before the date of expiry.
- A Resident`s Parking Permit will cancelled via MI Permit be if;-
- The Permit holder is no longer a resident within the specified zone.
- The Permit Holder ceases to own the vehicle for which the permit has been issued.
- The vehicle no longer falls within a permitted class of vehicle.
- The vehicle has a Statutory Off Road Notice [SORN] recorded against it.
- Worcester City Council may withdraw or cancel a Resident`s Parking Permit by written notice to the permit holder if any of the above apply, in which case the permit will be automatically cancelled.
- Vehicles parked within the specified Zone should park in such a manner as to not cause any unnecessary obstruction to any other vehicle, premises of person.
- Any vehicle [not being a vehicle recorded as being entitled to a Resident`s Parking Permit within the specified Resident`s scheme or zone] being used in connection with the sale of any article from that vehicle may not park within a Resident`s Parking Zone except if the articles concerned are taken into or delivered to a premises adjacent to the vehicle from which the sale is affected or if the person is licensed to sell goods from a stationary pitch within the specified parking zone.
- Worcester City Council or Worcestershire County Council may suspend all or part of a designated Resident`s Parking Zone at any time without notice for the following reasons.
- For the purpose of facilitating the movement of traffic or promoting it`s safety.
- For the convenience of occupiers of premises near to or adjacent to the parking place for occasions such as wedding, funerals or other special occasions.
- On any occasion on which it is likely by reason of some special event or attraction, that any street or road may be thronged or obstructed.
- A Police Officer [in Uniform] or a Worcester City Council Civil Enforcement Officer [in uniform] may move or cause to be moved in cases of emergency [or at any other reasonable time] any vehicle required, parked within a specified Resident`s Parking Scheme or Zone.
- There are exceptions whereby non Resident`s vehicles may stop or wait within any specified Resident`s Parking Scheme or Zone, being;-
- To allow passengers to board or alight from a vehicle
- To allow the loading or unloading of Goods to premises (Continuous loading and unloading)
- The delivering of furniture or property effects (Continuous loading and unloading)
- The delivery and collection of postal matters
- Roads maintenance works, including works by the major utility providers [Gas, Electricity, Water or Telephony systems]. ].(Streetworks Permit and Dispensation Required)
- To allow essential building works to premises within the specified scheme or zone (Dispensation Required)
- To allow for the presence or parking of emergency service blue light vehicles, [Police, Fire or Ambulance services].
- For circumstances beyond the driver`s control (Excluding insufficient fuel)
- To avoid a Road Traffic Accident / Collision
Residents are reminded that where visitor parking sessions are offered, they may be used for the purposes of building and maintenance works.
Parking scheme rules, including amendments and street furniture are the responsibility of Worcestershire County Council.
Resident Parking Permit FAQs
How early can I renew my permit?
The permit can be renewed up to 14 days in advance.
Where can I find my reference number?
The reference number is your Council Tax reference number – this can be found on your annual council tax letter or you can get in contact with the Council and we can provide you with this.
Find it on your Council Tax bill or contact 03004 560560
Can I send an application by email or post?
Yes you will need to telephone Mi Permit to register your application by calling 03455207007 and then post the requested documentation to the Council at:
Parking & Enforcement Services
Worcester City Council
I don’t have access to the internet what can I do?
MiPermit will be able to assist - 0345 520 7007
Can I call at your office and buy a permit?
Unfortunately our customer service centres cannot provide you with a digital parking permit. You must apply via phone, online or by post.
I am a new resident, what happens if I can’t show you the documentation immediately?
Alternative documentation will be requested if you cannot provide the documents requested in our list. If you cannot provide suitable evidence your permit request will be refused until you can do so.
I pay council tax and road tax, why do I have to pay for a parking permit as well?
Worcestershire County Council introduce residents parking schemes in Worcester. You can read about the benefits of schemes online via the Residents Parking Scheme Policy.
Will owning a parking permit guarantee me the right to park outside my house?
Possession of a Resident`s Parking Permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space within the specified Zone, this is subject to occupancy by other Permit holders. Neither does the possession of a Resident`s Parking Permit guarantee the permit holder will be able to park directly outside their property. Possession of a Resident`s Parking Permit simply allows the permit holder to park within the specified scheme, space permitting.
Can tradesmen working at my house/flat park for free?
No – If the scheme entitles the resident to purchase visitor parking sessions, they may be used for the purposes of building and maintenance works.
Or alternatively the tradespeople can apply for a Parking Dispensation.
Is my Blue Badge valid in residents parking areas?
Disabled Badge Holders can park in residential bays for up to 3 hours; the clock must be displayed and set at the correct time alongside the Disabled Badge.
How long is my permit valid for?
Do I need a permit to park my motorcycle?
I have changed my vehicle – how do I change my permit?
If you change your vehicle you must log into your Mi Permit account and update the vehicle registration linked to your permit; the change will be activated immediately. Your Permit will not be valid with your new vehicle until the change has been made.
Where can I park with my permit?
You can only park in marked resident bays/zones within the scheme the permit is issued for.
Can I park with a trailer attached to my vehicle?
The permit does not entitle a vehicle to park with a trailer. Normal highway restrictions apply.
How do you decide which parking zones need changes?
This is a consideration of Worcestershire County Council. You can read about the introduction and changes to scheme via the website https://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/info/20025/parking
I have been refused a parking permit, can I appeal?
There is no right of appeal and the Councils decision is final
Can I have a permit if my vehicle is not registered in the UK?
Proof of insurance will be required. If you’re a resident in the UK for over 6 months then the vehicle must be registered and taxed in the UK.
How do I report problems with lines and signs?
Any problems with lines & signs; you have to report it to Worcester County Council. This can be done online - http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/homepage/98/report_it
How do I get a parking permit for carers and healthcare providers?
Carer parking permits are available, please contact us for further information.
Can I transfer my permit to the next resident?
No- Permits are non-transferable.
What days are permits required?
The days are dependent on the scheme restriction, please observe signage for details.
What is MI Permit?
MiPermit' is a virtual parking permit system that will process your application take your payment and allows you to create your own unique account in which you can manage which car you are using, change vehicles or extend the period of operation The Council remains responsible for administration and processing of parking permit applications including decisions.
I don’t want to speak to MI Permit, can I contact the Council directly?
If you would like to escalate your query to a Council officer, Mi Permit will transfer your call. You can also write to the Council
Parking & Enforcement Services
Worcester City Council
I’m unhappy and wish to complain, how can I do this?
Feedback can be made via our comments, compliments and complaints page.
Why are visitor parking sessions 6 hours?
The time duration of 6 hours is set by Worcestershire County Council, Worcester City Council has no delegation to amend this.
Do I have to keep adding and changing 6 hour parking sessions, what if I am busy?
You can set up the parking sessions in a sequence for the length of time required.
I live in a shared property, can I purchase a permit?
You are entitled to purchase permits in the same way as other residents. The maximum entitlement per property still applies, for example if other properties in your street are entitled to one permit, your property will also be entitled to one permit even if it is occupied by multiple residencies. You can contact Mi Permit if you would like to ask questions or cannot complete your application online.