Amber Zone Car Park
|Up to 30 minutes||£0.40|
Up to 1 Hr
Up to 2 Hrs
|Up to 2 Hrs between 19:00 and 21:00||£1.00|
Up to 3 Hrs
Up to 24 Hrs
Up to 48 Hrs (2 x days)
Up to 72 Hrs (3 x days)
Up to 96 Hrs (4 x days)
Up to 120 Hrs (5 x days)
Car Park Information
St Martins Gate, City Walls Road, Worcester, WR1 2BS
This car park is closed from 12 midnight to 7am (until further notice)
|Motorcycle Spaces (Free of charge)||1|
|Pay & Display Machines||17|
|Parent & Child Spaces||6|
Electric car charging points
|Season Tickets available||Yes|
Ring Go Code
Twelve new electric car charging points are now available in St Martin's Gate car park - and under a special introductory offer, users will not need to pay for parking while they power up their vehicles.
Six 50kw rapid charging points and a further six 22kw fast charging points are available on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park.
The charging points at St Martin's Gate car parks are designed to accommodate the majority of electric vehicles currently available in the UK. They are listed on Zap Map and other information services for electric vehicle users.
Electric vehicle owners will be charged at a competitive rate of 25p per kWh at all 12 of the charging points.
|Charging Bay Type||Length of stay|
|Fast Charging Bay||Up to 4 hour|
|Rapid Charging Bay||Up to 1 hour|
As an introductory offer, you will not have to pay for parking while you are charging your vehicles. Drivers are asked to stay no longer than one hour in a rapid charge parking spot and no longer than four hours in a fast charger parking space. Permanent parking tariff arrangements may be introduced at a later date.
Users of non-electric vehicles will not be allowed to use the spaces where the charging points have been installed and will be issued with a penalty notice if they break this rule.
We will expect the users of our car parks
- To pay the appropriate charge. (Charges apply between 7am and 9pm every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays)
- To properly display a valid pay and display ticket in the front windscreen so that it can be easily seen and read as to date, time and amount paid. If your payment is made by RingGo, no ticket will be produced to display.
- To park correctly in a marked out parking bay
- Use only one parking space. (Do not park on the white lines or allow your vehicle to overhang into the adjoining bay)
- To ensure that any motor vehicles using our car parks are properly insured to the minimum requirements of the Road Traffic Act
- To ensure that any motor vehicles using our car parks do not cause an obstruction to other road users, including pedestrians
- Have consideration for other road and car park users
- Treat our Civil Enforcement Officers in a civil and courteous manner
Using a Pay and Display Machine
- Enter the full license plate number using the touch screen display, then select ‘OK’.
- Select appropriate payment either card or coin
- , please insert coins to the required value and select ‘OK’, Feed coins slowly allowing them to register.
- Any coins that have not registered can be found at the base of the machine marked with a small coin icon
- Push the green button to print the ticket.
- Collect the ticket and display face up in your vehicle windscreen, clearly visible.
- please select the appropriate tariff using the plus (+) button on the touch screen display, then select ‘OK’.
- If there is a connectivity problem (a continuing circle) when paying by card, choose a different way to pay (this is not a machine fault)
- Pay for your parking session using either contactless payment or using the chip reader. When you have received your pay and display ticket, please select if you want a receipt.