Council Tax, Business Rates, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
Our Self Service pages give you instant online access to view and manage your:
- Council Tax account
- Business Rate account
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support application
- Tenants Housing Benefit claims
Using Self Service can save you time, effort and money. There's no need for you to visit us, ring us or write to us. You can view and manage your account online at a time that suits you.
What you can do using Self Service
- See full details of your account or claim
- How your charges or benefits are worked out
- Check your discounts and allowances
- See when your payments are due
- View bills and letters we send to you (paperless e-billing)
- Set up a Direct Debit or make a payment
- Tell us about a change of address
- Search for a Council Tax band or Business Rates rateable value
- Apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
- Landlords can view benefit awards, payment details and correspondence.
How to register for Self Service
Please note that we have now completed our system upgrade. If you had a self-serve account prior to August 2022 you will need to re-register your details for a new account as we have changed software suppliers.
- Fill in your details on the Registration page. You will need to tell us:
- your account number, claim number or Landlord reference (on your bill or benefit letter)
- your e-mail address
You will then be asked some security questions about your account or claim. If you answer those questions correctly you will be able to log in immediately.
If you are unable to answer all the security questions we will send you a PIN number in the post (for security reasons) which you will need to use to log in.
Log into Self Service (Open Portal)