Housing Benefit and Council Tax SupportBenefits Self Service accessContact the Benefits TeamLocal Housing AllowanceAdvise us of a change in circumstancesReport benefit fraudBenefit calculators

Do you need help to pay your Council Tax bill or rent?

If you are liable to pay Council Tax or pay Rent you may apply for benefit.  

Your benefit will be calculated based on the following:

  • your capital, including any savings
  • your income
  • the amount of Council Tax or rent you pay
  • your family circumstances

If you are of State Retirement Pension age, and your income is high you may be able to claim Council Tax Second Adult Rebate if you share a house with other adults (except for a partner) who have low incomes.

Many people lose benefit because they delay making a claim.  Benefit can not normally be backdated, so don't delay - complete an application form today.