Skip to main content
How can we help you?
Housing Benefit & Council Tax Support

Exemptions From The Scheme


Some tenancies are exempt from LHA. These are:

  • Tenancies with Registered Social Landlords (housing associations)
  • Tenancies that began before 15th January 1989
  • Supported Housing
  • Caravans, houseboats, mobile homes and hostels
  • If the rent officer decides that a large part of your rent includes meals.