Worcester City Council may grant Temporary Road Closure Orders under the authority of Section 21 of The Town Police Clause Act 1847 for events across the city for a variety of reasons, such as Civil Events like the annual Remembrance Day Parade, larger organised events such as The Annual Worcester Motor Show held each year on the High Street.
These temporary road closures may also be granted for smaller more private events, such as organised street parties or one-off celebrations to mark a special event that is restricted to residents or a private event.
Each individual application will be considered on its own merits and Worcester City Council cannot guarantee that any particular application will be granted.
Applicants will be required to consider the impact on local traffic and provide a map detailing suggested diversion routes allowing traffic and pedestrians to pass without entering the streets included in the Road Closure.
If you wish to apply for a Temporary Street Closure Order please pdf download and fill in the application form (325 KB) .
Worcester City Council does not charge for this service.
Approved road closures
Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times and vehicular access to properties will be maintained where practicable for each event. Traffic management will be subject to Police determination for all closures.
No person shall cause any vehicle to proceed along various roads in the City of Worcester on various dates as follows.
Coronation of King Charles III
No person shall cause any vehicle to proceed along the following roads in the City of Worcester to allow for a street party to celebrate the Coronation of King Charles III.
Saturday 6 May
- Cathedral Square (Public live screening of the Coronation of King Charles III)- 07:00 to 18:00
- Ennerdale Close - 11:00 to 23:00
- Victoria Street - 09:00 - 22:00
Sunday 7 May
- Friesland Close - 10:00 - 20:00
- Green Lane (Bevere Close to Northwick Rd) - 09:00 to 23:00
- Hampton Close - 11:00 to 21:00
- Leslie Avenue - 11:00 - 17:00
- Kiln Crescent - 09:00 - 20:30
- Seymore Avenue - 11:00 to 22:00
- Pinkett Street - 09:00 to 23:00
- Sebright Avenue - 09:00 to 23:00