Our service to you
Worcester Trade Recycling provides a trade waste collection service specifically for businesses in the city, tailored to suit your needs and ensuring the safe disposal of your waste.
We offer a prompt, reliable, flexible and competitive service collecting both general commercial recycling and commercial waste in a variety of different sized wheeled bins or sacks.
Why use us?
- A local service for local business
- All inclusive price per collection
- Competitive pricing
- Wide range of wheeled bins to suit your needs
- Reliable, efficient and friendly service from our dedicated trade waste team
- Flexibility to accommodate your changing customer needs
- No extended contract periods
What type of recycling & waste do we collect?
We provide two services – one to collect dry mixed recyclables and the other to collect your general commercial waste. You can sign up to either service or both.
Dry mixed recycling
The recyclables we collect are:
- Plastic containers (but not black)
- Glass jars & bottles (but not in sacks)
- Drinks cans and tins, jar lids
- Cartons for food and drink
- Paper, cardboard, thin card, up to A2 size
- Corrugated board, boxes, paper packaging
We collect recyclable items that are dry and free from contamination. We will reject any items which are not suitable.
Recyclable waste is taken to a sorting plant managed by Worcestershire County Council.
We are not able to take the following:
- Any container with liquid still inside
- Plastic film and shrink wrap
- Bubble wrap
- Plate glass, medical/laboratory glassware, Pyrex, ceramics, light bulbs and tubes, lead crystal glass
If you need to dispose of these types of waste, please contact a specialist disposal company for advice.
We take your general waste to the ‘Energy from Waste’ plant managed by Worcestershire County Council.
We can take most of your general waste, with a few exemptions. Items which we are unable to collect are:
- Electrical items and batteries
- Clinical waste
- Oil & paint
- Uncooked food
- Sawdust in large quantities
If you need to dispose of these types of waste or any other hazardous items, please contact a specialist disposal company for advice.
What waste containers do you supply?
The bins we provide you with are coloured green for recycling or black for general waste.
(front to back mm)
|240 Litre||580||720||1050||Plastic 2-wheel|
|360 Litre||600||870||1070||Plastic 2-wheel|
|660 Litre||1360||780||1220||Plastic 4-wheel|
|1100 Litre||1410||1070||1370||Plastic 4-wheel|
If your business is not able to use bins, we may be able to arrange an alternative method of waste collection for your recycling and waste. Please ask about this on your enquiry form.
Bins are supplied free of charge and remain the property of Worcester City Council. It is your responsibility to safely store bins away from the highway and any loss or damage will incur a charge.
When will you collect my recycling and waste?
We collect your waste Monday to Friday from 6.30am onwards. If your business is in the city centre, please see our pdf Trade Waste Presentation Policy and Procedure (145 KB) . The policy sets out how we will work with you to ensure the city centre is attractive to residents, visitors and other businesses.
What will I pay?
Contact us for a free, no obligation quote.
Our charges are based on each collection made for the type of waste and size of bin lifted. If you use sacks. There is also a small, separate charge for the annual preparation of the statutory Duty of Care Waste Transfer Note.
Our prices are reviewed before the start of each financial year and we will give you at least one month’s notice of any changes.
I’m interested, what do I do now?
Request your free, no obligation quote.
We will then help you with all the necessary arrangements, including:
- Helping you to choose the right bins
- Providing you with a service contract and our full terms and conditions
- Completing a Duty of Care Waste Transfer Note
- Conducting a Health and Safety Site Assessment
- Explaining your duties under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 Section 34.
We’ll deliver your bin(s) free of charge, normally within seven days of the contract being completed.
Worcester City Council is registered with the Environment Agency as a waste carrier, Registration Number CBDL17037.
Duty of Care
Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, persons have a duty of care to take full responsibility for the safe storage and disposal of their waste. All businesses will be required to complete a Duty of Care – Controlled Waste Transfer Note which describes the waste to be transferred, how it is contained and who is the holder of the waste. The waste must be contained in either bags or bins or bundled up as in the case of cardboard so that no spillage can occur.
The Waste Transfer Note must be completed annually and copies kept by both parties.
What if you miss my bin collection?
If your bin was not at the agreed location on the right day by 6:30am, please present them on your next scheduled collection. Our Crews record all containers that are not placed out for collection.