You can pay the Council Tax or Business Rates by monthly instalments. Your bill will show the amounts you have to pay and the date of each instalment.

Direct Debit

  • The easiest way to pay Council Tax or Business Rates is by Direct Debit.
  • More than 25,000 people in Worcester already pay this way
  • It can save you time, effort and money
  • You can choose to pay on the 1st, 10th, 15th or 25th of the month, whichever suits you best
  • If you have a bank account all you need to do is give us the details and we will do the rest.

Paying by direct Debit - the easiest way to pay your bill is by Direct Debit.  Just Contact us and we will be able to offer you a choice of payment dates each month. 

Alternatively you can set up your direct debit instructions by applying online  or by downloading an application form here.

At our Customer Service Centre

  • You can pay by cash, cheque, debit card or credit card

Customer Service Centre
89 The High Street

Tel : 01905 722233

How to find us

We are open


Opening Times


9:00 - 5:00


9:00 - 5:00


9:00 - 5.00


9:00 - 5.00


9:00 - 5.00





Automated telephone payment system

You can pay by debit card or credit card 24 hours a day. 7 days a week, using our automated telephone payment system. Just dial 0330 088 0680 and follow the instructions. Please note that there is an additional small charge for payments made by credit card.

Internet Payments

You can pay by debit card or credit card at any time using the payment facility on this website. Make a payment.

By post

Please make your cheque payable to 'Worcester City Council', write your Council Tax account number on the back and send it to:

Revenues and Benefits,
PO Box 11,
WR10 1PU

Your bill

The Council issues a bill to all households and businesses in March at the start of each financial year and shows how much you have to pay each month. The service of this bill (or demand) places a duty on the person named on the bill to pay as notified.

Where your circumstances change or you move house during the financial year, you should let the Council know straight away so that your bill can be adjusted accordingly.

The bill will show how the charge is calculated including elements for precepting authorities / organisations e.g. the fire brigade. It will also show any discounts / exemptions or benefits you have applied for and the Council believes you are entitled to.