Skip to main content
How can we help you?

Direct Debit Fundraising

Charitable organisations that carry out face-to-face fundraising in the District by asking people to sign up to make regular donations via Direct Debit do not require a licence from the Council under current legislation.

The Council has however entered into a co-regulatory voluntary agreement called a site management agreement (SMA) with the Institute of Fundraising (IoF). This SMA sets out the parameters within which fact-to-face fundraising should take place in the District. The SMA can be viewed at the IoF website here: "Find your local SMA".

Further information on this form of fundraising, including how to make complaints about the actions of fundraisers, can be found on the IoF website.

In this section