Every premises licence that allows a premises to be used for the sale of alcohol must have a designated premises supervisor (DPS).

The DPS must hold a personal licence and should usually be the person that controls the management of the premises on a day-to-day basis.

Because the DPS is specified on the premises licence any changes to the DPS must be properly notified to the licensing authority by the licence holder.

Applying to change the DPS

Apply online

 We are currently unable to process online applications via the GOV.UK portal. If you wish you submit an online application please:


  1. Make the required payment via the Council’s pay-it webpage, by choosing “Regulatory Services” and then “Premises Licence” payment option.
  2. Email completed application forms (a link to the application form is available below), all accompanying documentation and proof of payment to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please ensure that proof of payment is included with your application email.

Apply by post

If you wish to apply by post, you will need to complete this form:

document Application to vary DPS on a Premises Licence (74 KB)

New DPS consent

When you change the DPS from one person to another, the new person needs to give their consent to becoming the DPS for the premises. This can be done using this form:

document DPS Consent Form (39 KB)

When completed, both forms and the existing premises licence should be sent, along with the £23 fee (cheques made payable to Worcester City Council), to:

Worcester City Council Licensing, Worcestershire Regulatory Services, Wyre Forest House, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

The Police must also receive copies of of both forms, and these should be sent to:

West Mercia Police, Worcester Police Station, Castle Street, Worcester, WR1 3QX

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. The application may take effect immediately or on a date specified in the application form and revised premises licence and licence summary will be issued to you. If the Chief Officer of Police for the area where the premises is situated is satisfied that the exceptional circumstances of the case are such that granting the application would undermine the crime prevention objective, he must give us a notice within 14 days. We will then hold a hearing to determine the notice given by the police.

Request to be removed as DPS

If you are the DPS specified on a premises licence and you no longer want to be, you must notify us and the holder of the premises licence of this in writing.

Apply online

Request removal as DPS online

By post

document Request for DPS to be removed (50 KB)

This notice should then be sent to us at:

Licensing, Worcester City Council, Guildhall, High Street, Worcester, WR1 2EY

You must also send a copy to the holder of the premises licence.