General information

Street trading is the selling of goods or food in any "street". The term 'street' includes any road, footway or other area to which the public have access without payment (this can include private land). Typical examples of street trading that goes on in the area include selling hot food from vans parked in lay-bys or on industrial estates and selling ice cream from a mobile van.

We recognise that street trading can provide a useful service to people who live in or visit the City. Before you can trade in the street in our area you must get a street trading licence issued by us. If a person trades without a licence then they are committing an offence and can be fined up to £1,000.

We have adopted a policy on street trading, which gives guidance to applicants, officers and councillors on the principles that we will apply when deciding whether or not to grant a street trading licence to somebody.

Apply by post

The completed application form and required supporting documents should be sent to:

Worcester City Council Licensing, Worcestershire Regulatory Services, Wyre Forest House, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

You can download an application form from the links below. Pick the form that applies to how you want to trade:

The current fee to apply for street trading licences can be found on our licensing fees and charges page.

Will tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please get in touch.

Consultation on new applications for street trading licences

New applications for street trading licences are subject to a consultation period during which any interested parties may make representations about the application to the Council.

Licence applications that are currently in consultation and information on how to make a representation are on the Worcestershire Regulatory Services website:

New street trading applications - Worcester City