Welcome to the Worcester City Council Local Land Charges section. We aim to provide you with a guide to searches, fees and other relevant information regarding the Local Land Charges search process.

All Local Land Charges searches are handled by a small team, who process approximately 4,000 searches each year.

Our current turnaround times are as follows:

  • Official Searches – 10 working days
  • Personal Searches – 10 working days

What is a Local Land Charges search?

The City Council's Local Land Charges section maintains the statutory Local Land Charges Register. It also collates information from various other Council departments such as Development Services to enable the completion of a Local Land Charges search.

A Local Land Charges search forms part of the conveyancing process and is carried out to ascertain if there are any matters affecting the property or land which a prospective purchaser should be aware of. It is designed to protect potential purchasers of property and will tell them about agreements and restrictions which might affect their decision to go ahead with the purchase.

Requests for a Local Land Charges search are normally made by a Solicitors or Licensed Conveyancer acting on behalf of the purchaser of a property.

  • The first part of the search – the LLC1 form - will reveal all the charges registered against the property, for example Conditional Planning Permissions, Smoke Control Orders and Tree Preservation Orders. These charges are binding on successive owners of the property or land.

  • The second part of the search – the CON29 form - will provide other relevant information which is held by the various Departments of the Council, such as Local Plan information, nearby road schemes and Notices etc. under the Planning Acts.

Worcester City Council - Local Land Charges search fees

Basic search fee

The cost of Local Land Charges searches (including VAT where required) received from Friday 1 April 2023 will be as follows:-

Full basic search fee


LLC1 submitted independently


Additional fees - optional enquiries



  • 4 - £22.85
  • 5 - £11.10
  • 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 - £2.11
  • 9 - £4.22
  • 12 - £5.54
  • 21 – No fee as Worcester City Council is unable to answer this question.

CON29 O –
Optional Enquiry 22


CON29 O –
Supplementary Enquiries

£30.50 each

The above prices apply if the CON29 O forms are submitted together with the CON29 R forms.

Extra parcels of land:


£1.23 per parcel


£47.10 per parcel





Expedited Search Fee


Personal search of the Land Charges Section


Fees are subject to any change in VAT status

Personal searches from the Land Charges Section

You can now view our paper planning register index cards online (1947- March 2016) along with viewing current and historic planning application on our Planning Search page.

Worcestershire County Council holds information relating to adopted roads which is available for viewing on their website.

Please send your requests for personal searches to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with location details and site plan. Once received, we aim to email you the Land Charges Register information sheet within our advertised turnaround time, shown at the top of this page.

If you experience technical issues or need advice on searching the index cards or the Planning Search page then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Fees for pdf requests under the Environmental Information Regulations (93 KB)

Helpful information

Searches can be submitted to the Council via the NLIS (National Land Information Service) electronic search system.

Our postal address for submitting Local Land Charges searches is:

Worcester City Council
Land Charges Section
The Guildhall
High Street
WR1 2EY:

The staff in the Land Charges office are available to answer your telephone enquiries/queries from 8:30am until 3pm each day.

Outside these hours and when the office is busy a voice mail service is available – please leave us a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.

Direct Line Telephone: 01905 722023 or 01905 722024

E-mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Frequently asked questions

Who carries out the Local Land Charges search?

Search requests are usually received from the Solicitor or Licensed Conveyancer acting for the purchaser of a property. Personal search companies also make searches and anyone can make a search if they submit their request on the correct forms. These forms - the LLC1 and CON29 - are available from legal stationers.

What area do you cover?

We cover the area inside the Worcester City Council boundary.

Adjacent areas outside our boundary are covered by Malvern Hills District Council or Wychavon District Council as appropriate.

How can I be sure that a property lies within the Worcester City Council boundary?

If you do not have access to a suitable plan, telephone our office and we will endeavour to help you.

How many forms do I need to submit?

The LLC1 and CON29 forms should be submitted in duplicate when sending in a postal request.

Do I need to send you any plans of the property?

Yes – we require an A4 plan in duplicate with the property to be searched on clearly outlined in red.

Does a commercial search cost more than a residential search?

No – the fee is the same.

What is a personal search?

A personal search is an inspection of the Local Land Charges Register. At Worcester City Council we supply you with a print out of the registered Land Charges that affect your property.

What is the difference between a personal search and a local authority search?

A personal search will provide you with information similar to that of an LLC1 request but its content is your own responsibility and its accuracy is not guaranteed by the Council. A CON29 form is not used for a personal search enquiry and if you wish to ask any similar questions you must approach each individual Council department yourself. You may be charged for any information that is provided following such requests.

What is NLIS?

NLIS (National Land Information System) is the electronic way of sending and receiving search requests. It was introduced in February 2001 and an increasing number of applicants are now using this method of searching. If you require further information on this efficient service please contact:

C/O Land Data cic
85 Tottenham Court Road
London, W1T 4TQ

Tel: 020 7268 3007
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Do I need to send any paperwork when I submit an NLIS search?

No – all the search details, including a plan, can be submitted electronically

Who do I make my cheques payable to?

Worcester City Council

Can I submit a client's cheque?

We will accept client's cheques – however the search replies will not be returned to you until the cheque has been cleared by our bank (10 days) .

Are you on the DX system?


Can I submit my request by email?

Yes, but you will need to make the payment by cheque.

Can I receive my search results by email?

We can return your search via email if requested.

Do you answer drainage enquiries?

No – please contact Severn Trent Water Conveyancing Searches, PO Box 6187, Nottingham NG65 1LE or DX 26205 SHERWOOD RISE

Telephone: 0115 962 7269 and Fax: 0115 962 7132

Do you provide a landfill report?

You can add a CON29 Part 3 question to your search and our reply will contain basic landfill information regarding the location of any site that affects your property.

Further information is available from the Environment Agency, Upper Severn Area, Midlands Region, Hafren House, Welshpool Road, Shelton, Shrewsbury SY3 8BB Tel: 01743 272828

Will the road information reply tell me if all the roads abutting my property are adopted?

Our search reply will only refer to the road named in the property address given in Box B on the CON29 form. If you wish to have information regarding any other roads that abut your property you will need to name them (up to a maximum of three) in Box C and clearly mark them on your search plan.

Do I send my Commons Registration Search to you?

Yes, if it is part of a bigger search. You can submit this using the CON29 O form, ticking box 22 and adding the current fee to your search cost.

If it is being submitted independently you will need to contact Legal and Democratic Services at Worcestershire County Council. A fee will apply. Contact them at

Worcestershire County Council
Legal & Democratic Services
Spetchley Road


DX 29941 Worcester 2


This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Can Land Charges tell me who owns a certain property or piece of land?

No – you will need to make application to Land Registry, Leigh Court, Torrington Avenue, Tile Hill, Coventry CV4 9XZ Tel: 024 7686 0860

Can we pay by BACS?

Yes. Please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we’ll send you our bank details.