I need Planning Advice

There are two main ways in which Planning Advice can be gained from Worcester City Council Planning Authority and these come in the form of:

1.Permitted Development Enquiries

You can make certain types of minor changes to your house without needing to apply for planning permission. These are called "permitted development rights".

2. Pre – Application Advice

Worcester City Council seeks to provide a positive climate for pre-application discussions, offering an approach with impartial and professional advice within an agreed time frame concerning applications coming forward for determination by a formal planning application. The service is structured to provide an ‘in principle' feed back on your proposals as well as more detailed discussions and negotiations on a scheme before you submit a formal planning application.

Non-Chargeable Services

Although we will make a modest charge for advice on permitted development and for pre-application enquiries, we will continue to offer free services that aim to provide the following:

  • Information on the forms, plans and supporting information required for submitting a planning application and the required fee.
  • Queries about planning applications pending determination
  • Identification of the relevant development policies for particular development types

If you experience any technical problems when using our webpages then please let us know by email at planning@worcester.gov.uk

Please note our webpages will be unavailable between 03:00 - 04:00 daily for routine system maintenance