Service being provided
Administration of the collection of Council Tax and Business Rates billing, claims for Housing benefit, claims under the Council tax Reduction Scheme and to assist with recovery of unpaid Council tax, Business rates or overpaid Housing Benefits.
Categories of personal data we need to collect
- Contact Details
- Financial including those of your partner or any dependents; or non dependants
- Date of Birth
- Household composition
- National Insurance Number
- Any other information needed to process your claim, such landlord details, employment details etc
Categories of ‘special’ personal data we need to collect
Consequences of failing to provide personal data
If you do not provide the required personal data it may delay or prevent the facilitation of the above services.
Data Controller and Processors
All personal data held is processed by the South Worcestershire Partnership in accordance with data protection law. The Local Authorities who have engaged their services within the South Worcestershire Partnership are namely, Wychavon District Council, Worcester City Council and Malvern Hills District Council.
In addition, we use data processors that are third parties who provide certain parts of our services for us. We have contracts in place with them and they will not do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do so. Our current data processors for these services are listed below.
- Civica Open Revenues – The system used to administer Housing Benefit, Sundry Debtors, Council Tax, Business Rates and Council Tax Support
- Telsolutions – Supplier we use to send text, emails and phone calls about Council Tax accounts that are behind in payments.
Purpose of Processing & Lawful Basis
- Service Delivery
- Service planning/Improvement
- Prevention or Detection of Fraud/Crime
- performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority as provided for by:
- Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1992
- Social Security Administration Act 1992
- Social Security Act 1998
- The Housing Benefit Regulations 2006 (as amended)
- Local Government Finance Act 1992
- Local Government Finance Act 2012
- The Council Tax Reduction Schemes (Default Scheme) (England) Regulations 2012
- And any other applicable legislation
- processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations of the controller on the basis of the above legislation.
Who we share the information with
- Registered Social Landlords
- The Department for Work and Pensions
- Health & Social Care Organisations such as Worcestershire Health and Care Trust
- Government Agencies
- External Auditors and regulators
- Enforcement Agents instructed on our behalf
How long we hold your information
Individual Legal Rights
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to Object to how we use your personal data